Chair: Susan Burnette
Members: Jerry Hoffman (Organist/Choir Director), Judy Bixler (Saturday Evening Service), Jennifer Holbrook (Acolytes), Sandy Voight (Altar Guild), Wayne Thomas (Adult/Luther Men Choirs), and Amanda Yingling (Children’s Choir Coordinator)
The Music and Worship team shall assist the Congregation Council in seeing that the services of God’s house are conducted regularly and in accordance with the liturgy of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, that competent head ushers and worship assistants are recruited and trained and that hymnals and other devotional material are provided and properly cared for. They shall supervise and strive to advance the welfare and effective service of the organist, choir director(s) and the various choirs. It shall arrange for the care of the paraments, vestments and musical instruments. In consultation with the pastor, the organist and the choir director(s), it shall furnish music supplies appropriate for use in the worship of a congregation of the ELCA.
Music Ministries at Immanuel:
Consider becoming a part of the Music Ministry of Immanuel! We currently support five various groups:
- The Sunday Adult Choir
- The Chime Choir
- The Luther Men
- The Children’s Choir – ‘All God’s Children’
- The Woman’s Harmony Choir
If you are not able to commit to regular practices at this time but can participate during the year, please contact:
- Jerry Hoffman (Organist/Choir Director)
- Wayne Thomas (Luther Men Choir)
- Sandy Voight (Chime Choir contact)
- Amanda Yingling (Children’s Choir Coordinator)
- Susan Burnette (Woman’s Harmony Choir contact)
NO EXPERIENCE IS NEEDED, just your willingness to help and ‘make a joyful noise’!
- The Sunday Adult Choir – practice on Thursdays @ 7 pm
- The Chime Choir – Stay tuned for updates
- The Luther Men sing quarterly, practices scheduled as needed
- The Children’s Choir sing quarterly, practices scheduled as needed
- The Woman’s Harmony Choir sing quarterly, practices scheduled as needed
For more information, look for our Music Ministry Bulletin Board in the office hallway.
2019 FLOWERS ~ LESSONS & PRAYERS SPONSORSHIP CALENDAR
Fresh seasonal flowers enhance each weekend worship experience, adding color and beauty to the altar. Sponsorship forms and supplied envelopes are posted on the 2019 Flower Sponsorship Calendar outside the church office. Your written information and payment must be received by 12 noon of the Wednesday before your reserved sponsorship date to ensure inclusion in the weekend bulletins. Leave your information and payment in the Music & Worship basket on the lamp table in the office.
Sign-up early and often to reserve the dates of your choice during 2019. Contact the Altar Guild with any questions.
2019 Prices: Co-Sponsoring is encouraged.
- $60 for both altar vases OR
- $30 for one vase ONLY
- $30 for a Center Arrangement
- $20 for Lessons & Prayers